F4SS Spring Connect 2020
Tour of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas
F4SS Spring Connect 2020 attendees will be treated to a tour of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas. Visit the state-of-the-art home of Toyota’s award-winning Tundra and Tacoma pickup trucks. See why the plant received the 2008 J.D. Power and Associates Silver award for Assembly Plant Quality in North and South America. This is a first-of-its-kind honor for a Toyota plant in its first year of production operation.
The tour of the 2.2 million-square-foot facility will include everything from the Body Weld Shop, where computer-controlled robots are used to weld steel. Next, you will move into the Plastics Shop. This is where critical components, including the vehicle bumpers and instrument panels, are made. Following, you will see overhead conveyors transport the trucks from Paint to Assembly, where the trucks begin to take shape. Throughout the tour, your guide will point out the foundations of the world-renowned Toyota Productions System, as well as give you insight to the line side processes of the Toyota Manufacturing of Texas team members.
If you plan to attend the Toyota Manufacturing of Texas tour, you must register by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on the Toyota Texas campus.
- Safety Dress Code: Long pants must be worn (no skirts or shorts), shirts must have sleeves (short sleeves acceptable), midriffs/torsos must be covered, shoes must be closed toe/heel/side and flat (no sandals or heels).
- A valid photo ID will be required for each adult scheduled for the tour.
- Bags (purses, backpacks, briefcases) are allowed in the Visitors Center, but must be secured in your vehicle before the plant tour. NO bags are allowed in the plant.
- Cameras/cell phones are allowed in the Visitors Center, but must be secured in your vehicle before the plant tour. NO cameras/cell phones are allowed in the plant.
- Visitors on the plant tour will be captured by video monitoring.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc. reserves the right to postpone, cancel or reschedule any tour that might interfere in some way with production.